| Make foodmate.com your Homepage | Wap | Archiver
Advanced Top
Search Promotion
Search Promotion
Post New Products
Post New Products
Business Center
Business Center
 
Current Position:Home » News » Marketing & Retail » Topic

France is the largest market for Morocco, with 80% of its exports

Zoom in font  Zoom out font Published: 2017-03-03  Views: 27
Core Tip: The potential for the development of melon exports is considerable," affirms Noureddine Garoud, broker at Tagad Agri S.R.L. Many European countries make the work of Moroccan exporters easier because of their traditional presence in this market and the dev
"The potential for the development of melon exports is considerable," affirms Noureddine Garoud, broker at Tagad Agri S.R.L. Many European countries make the work of Moroccan exporters easier because of their traditional presence in this market and the development of road and port infrastructures. While France currently remains the best customer, other countries, like Spain, do not hesitate to import this product from their neighbour.

"Moroccan Galia melons have advantages, like their precocity and good prices," says Garoud. Nevertheless, it is a type of melon that is prone to diseases and also very sensitive to cold temperatures.

At present, 90% of Morocco's Galia melons are grown on open ground, in the regions of Marrakech, Chichaoua and Kelâa. The other 10% is cultivated in greenhouses in Agadir.

 
 
[ News search ]  [ ]  [ Notify friends ]  [ Print ]  [ Close ]

 
 
0 in all [view all]  Related Comments

 
Hot Graphics
Hot News
Hot Topics
 
 
Powered by Global FoodMate
Message Center(0)