• 1/4 cup (60ml) Colavita olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 cup (250ml) dry white wine, chicken or beef stock
• 400g can Italian chopped tomatoes
• 400g dried short pasta
• Flaked parmesan, to serve
• 500g minced beef
• 25g sliced salami, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 50g parmesan, finely grated
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup (35g) dried breadcrumbs
1. For meatballs, place all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Form tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until well browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add onion to pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Add wine or stock and simmer until reduced by 1/2. Return meatballs to pan with tomatoes and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
4. Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and return to pan. Add meatballs and sauce and toss to combine, then serve scattered with flaked parmesan.