| Make foodmate.com your Homepage | Wap | Archiver
Advanced Top
Search Promotion
Search Promotion
Post New Products
Post New Products
Business Center
Business Center
 
Current Position:Home » News » Agri & Animal Products » Dairy Products » Topic

Pakistan milk processors decry new import duties

Zoom in font  Zoom out font Published: 2016-06-08  Views: 32
Core Tip: Pakistan’s decision, in the budget for 2016/17, to impose a 25% regulatory duty on the import of powdered milk and whey powder, has angered milk processors.
  Pakistan’s decision, in the budget for 2016/17, to impose a 25% regulatory duty on the import of powdered milk and whey powder, has angered milk processors. Total duties, including 20% customs duty, now stands at 45%. Chief Operating Officer Haroon Lodhi at Haleeb Foods said the steps announced in the federal budget will lead to an increase in the cost of inputs for processors. Mr Lodhi termed the withdrawal of zero rating status as a step to marginalise the dairy processing industry. “This will be a killer as it will increase the cost by at least 10%,” he said. Small farmers, meanwhile, felt the move will directly benefit local farmers.
 
keywords: milk
 
[ News search ]  [ ]  [ Notify friends ]  [ Print ]  [ Close ]

 
 
0 in all [view all]  Related Comments

 
Hot Graphics
Hot News
Hot Topics
 
 
Powered by Global FoodMate
Message Center(0)