| Make foodmate.com your Homepage | Wap | Archiver
Advanced Top
Search Promotion
Search Promotion
Post New Products
Post New Products
Business Center
Business Center
 
Current Position:Home » News » Marketing & Retail » Topic

China's sweet potato sells fast in Hong Kong

Zoom in font  Zoom out font Published: 2017-08-18  Views: 4
Core Tip: Sweet potatoes are grown in many Chinese regions, like Shandong, Hebei, Guangdong and other places.
"Sweet potatoes are grown in many Chinese regions, like Shandong, Hebei, Guangdong and other places. In the wake of the gradual increase of locally grown potatoes and the increasingly advanced growing systems, producers are currently trying hard to improve the quality of their sweet potatoes and are actively expanding the scope of their products," says mister Pan Mingfu from Guangxi Fuchuan Fuhe Potato Industry.

"Our sweet potato plantation is located in Hezhou city's Fuchuan county, in Guangxi province. It occupies an area of approximately 40 hectares. We mainly grow yellow sweet potatoes, purple sweet potatoes, watermelon reds and heartshaped potatoes. Our yearly supply reaches up to almost 800 tons. All high quality sweet potatoes that are produced by us are 70% sold through traditional retail chanels and are being sold to wholesale markets and supermarkets in first and second tier cities across the country. The other 30% of the products are sold in Macau and Hong Kong."

"The production season for sweet potatoes in Guangxi starts in June every year, and ends in March of the following year. This year's output is similar to that of last year. At the moment, the selling price in the domestic market is about 3.6 RMB (0.46 EUR) for one kilogram, while the selling price in Macau and Hong Kong is almost 5 RBM (0.63 EUR) for one kilogram. In comparison to last year, there is a price increase of approximately 2%."

"Besides sweet potatoes, we also have tight cooperations with local processing plants that produce vermicelli out of our sweet potatoes. this vermicelli is sold all over the country."

 
keywords: sweet potatoes
 
[ News search ]  [ ]  [ Notify friends ]  [ Print ]  [ Close ]

 
 
0 in all [view all]  Related Comments

 
Hot Graphics
Hot News
Hot Topics
 
 
Powered by Global FoodMate
Message Center(0)