• 12 (1kg total) veal schnitzels, uncrumbed
• 24 medium fresh basil leaves
• 1 1/2 x 110g tubs buffalo mozzarella, drained, cut into 12 pieces
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 700g jar tomato pasta sauce
• 1/3 cup chicken stock
• Small fresh basil leaves, to serve
1. Top 1 piece of veal with 2 basil leaves and 1 piece of mozzarella. Roll up to enclose filling. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remainingveal, basil leaves and mozzarella.
2. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook veal, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add pasta sauce and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Return veal, and any juices, to pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until veal is cooked through and mozzarella starts to melt. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve involtini and sauce topped with basil leaves.